Monday 7 July 2014

Aloha

Welcome to the latest addition to the "for novices" blogs. The ukulele has been getting more and more popular in recent years and for the past four years I have been lucky enough to be a member of the Morecambe ukulele club - lucky because there aren't many clubs older than mine here in Morecambe. Four yours doesn't sound like ancient history but it is in terms of ukulele clubs which are now all over the country and the world. I have also joined other clubs in Lancaster, Arnside (and another club in Morecambe) and I am a frequent visitor to other clubs in the North West.

Ukulele festivals are also springing up everywhere. Last year I attended the inaugural Grand Northern Ukulele Festival, (GNUF) in Pontefract and this year GNUF will be held in Huddersfield on the 13th and 14th September which I am sure will be another full house. I have also been to the Ukulele Festival of Great Britain (also sold out) which is held in Cheltenham and there are some very professionally organised free festivals like N'ukefest and the Chester Summer Strum. In fact I managed to get on the main stage at Chester yesterday and on the left is the evidence.

I have already posted quite a few ukulele-related videos on my YouTube channel, but I thought it would be good to have a blog specifically for ukulele-related matters, with the space for discussion on all matters related to the world of the ukulele.

Aloha

No comments:

Post a Comment