Tuesday 2 September 2014

Levy Uke Up

Two days ago I visited the ukulele club in Levenshulme, otherwise known as Levy Uke Up (I should ask how they got their name) and of course there was a warm welcome. It is also an excuse to see my brother who is occasionally in Manchester so this was my third visit of the year.

I had printed out the music for the evening, and this was a dress rehearsal for a performance on Saturday. When I say dress rehearsal I don't know if they have clothes for the stage but we were standing up as if performing. So this evening was about getting the starts right - and the ends - and the bit in the middle. It was also about timing for the whole programme and one or two songs had to be cut. However they may make it back into the schedule when the crowd goes wild and encores are added.

Thanks to Mike for letting me know which music was being played - great bass playing by the way. I printed out this music and I now have a Levy folder which is almost full. Thanks also to Ed for his welcome and for asking if my brother wanted to borrow a ukulele. It looks like he has the same idea as George Harrison and always has a couple of ukuleles with him in case he can play with others.

I'll be seeing Ed in less than two weeks as he is the official photographer at the Grand Northern Ukulele Festival, and I dare say there will be a few more Levy players there too.

Aloha

No comments:

Post a Comment