Sunday 1 May 2016

A Typical Ukulele Week

So much is going on with ukuleles and I have posted so little! Today (and every Sunday) the Garstang Ukulele Group met. Yesterday I played with the Morecambe Ukulele Club in the morning and in the afternoon we played at the Kirkby Lonsdale Music Festival. I wish I'd taken a photo of the programme because we were top or the bill. In fact we were performing first. Morecambe Ukulele Club is the Status Quo (Live Aid) of Kirkby Lonsdale!

Thursday evening, as usual was spent with the Arnside Ukulele Group and there are a smaller number from this group who stay after nine, called, unsurprisingly, the After Nine Group and the music we play here is quite a high standard.

The ukulele took it's place on Monday and Tuesday too, and there were lots of other reasons to play ukulele in the rest of the week but I'll just mention Wednesday. It was on Wednesday that I went with another two-fifths of Ukulele Jukebox to play at Garstang Unplugged at the Kenlis Arms. It was my first time at this event but I'm sure I'll be there again because of their very warm welcome, and we were photographed so I do some evidence that I play the ukulele...

Aloha


Photo courtesy of Garstang Unplugged



No comments:

Post a Comment