Wednesday 4 October 2017

The Garstang Ukulele Group were invited to the Britain's Got Talent auditions in Blackpool on Sunday 1st October. We were there to add background music and I think everyone appreciated us playing as there must have been a few people waiting nervously for their auditions.

Four of us went off on a tram where we were filmed singing I Wanna Be Like You and it looked to me like all the young dancers who were sat near us knew all the words. We were asked to exit the tram as we were filmed (just four or five takes) and while we were stood at the tram stop waiting to get back on the tram we were asked to play Oh I Do Like To Be Beside The Seaside. It's not in our repertoire but we played the basic chords. Since then I've added a couple of chords and the instrumental version.You can find the instrumental version as my song of the week at https://www.mikegradwell.com/beside-the-seaside

Aloha

No comments:

Post a Comment